Lime Grove Medical Centre
Flu Vaccination Information 2020
The way in which we provide flu vaccinations will change this season to ensure that we can keep all our patients and team members as safe as possible whilst providing an efficient vaccination programme.
We would ask that all patients follow the guidelines below as carefully as possible:
DO NO ATTEND SURGERY, IF YOU OR A CLOSE CONTACT OR FAMILY MEMBER HAS SYMPTOMS OF COVID 19 OR IF YOU OR ANY HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS ARE SELF ISOLATING.
- All patients should make an appointment – please call 01629 581586 OPTION 1 and you can book into one of our many clinics during the flu season
- All patients will be given a time to arrive at the surgery and reception will advise whether to queue at the side door or via the car park
What will happen when I arrive?
- You will be asked to queue in a socially distanced format at one of two entrances to the surgery
- Staff members will be outside directing you if you need help
- Hand sanitising stations will be available
- The practice will be setup as a one way system, entrance and exit signs will be clearly marked
- When you enter the building our receptionist will ask you your name and will direct you to the clinicians room
- You will stand at the clinicians door to receive your flu vaccine
- You will then be directed through the one way system to the exit
What do I need to do?
- Please wear a mask to your appointment (We acknowledge that children under 12 may not be able to do so)
- Use the hand sanitiser station when entering the building
- You will need to wear loose clothing and remove your coat and jumper before entering the building
- If you need help with mobility you will be able to enter at street level
- Check that you are well enough for your appointment
- Keep all appointments where well enough to do so
- Please arrive only at your booked appointment times, we have limited queuing capacity
What about car parking?
- Please remember, we do not have parking at the Practice and where possible we encourage patients to walk, so that local street parking can be used by those patients who are less mobile.
How long will it take?
- All appointments should be able to be completed as quickly as 5 minutes.
Will I just be offered my flu vaccination?
- In the flu clinics we will only administer the flu vaccination. If you are eligible for pneumococcal or shingles, please make an appointment at a different time.
What do I do after I’ve had my vaccination?
- Most patients can leave the site immediately; if anyone should feel unwell, a clinician will advise you were to wait until it is safe for you to leave.
- If you have not previously advised us of your ethnicity, please let us know and we can update your medical records. This information may be important as the NHS tackles COVID 19.